Make no mistake,it’s the OS that make your smartphone ‘smart’,so before buy Smartphone Keep these Points in Mind. It is important to know about the different ecosystems that exist…
The android OS promises native integration with Google services including Search,Gmail,Maps,YouToube etc. Along with you can access millions of free apps in its Play store. The best part of this,Titles that might be paid downloads on iOS and Windows Phone are sometimes available for free here. another advantage of android OS handset is that these are plug-and-play. You can simply connect it to your PC via a USB cable and can begin transferring files to and from the device. You can also choose phones between a huge range of price-starting from 4k to 50k-from vendors such as HTC,LG,Lenovo,Samsung,Sony,and even from local players like Karbonn,Lava,Micromax,Spice and Xolo. Andriod versions are alphabetically named like Jelly Bean,kit-Kat,are the latest in the market.Make sure that you putting your money on one of these. 🙂
Windows Phone is now in competition with Android and iOs-and at last counts,its app store just had over two lakhs titles. Still,popular apps have already made their way to this platform,primarily come from Nokia-and while the OS needs improvements,you get really good hardware for the price you pay. Plus,these devices come with subscriptions to free content like music and movies,and also Here Maps and Drive++,which are arguably the best map and navigation services in the country.
iOS,only found in iPhone’s,IIS extremely initiative to use-and since Apple vets every title that makes it to its App store. It gives a high quality digital content in the form of educational material,music,videos and apps. The OS itself gives a smooth operations,and you will ind very rare instances of iPhone’s freezing during use. On the downside,you’ll have to use iTunes to connect the handset to your PC, and this can prove to be quite annoying. And buy only from local authorized dealers.
When buying,you re bound to hear about dual-core,quad-core,even octa-core processors.But where you should put your money on?
- Though a greater number o cores are supposedly better,but it still does not give you a true picture of how a smart phone may perform. Well, the reason behind this,not all cores are designed identically. UK-based ARM,which designs chips,licenses different architectures,namely Cortex A5,A7,A8,A9,A12,A15-to manufacturers. Here higher number mean better chips. In effect,a phone that uses a quad-core A15 will definitely be better than a handset with quad-core A5. In fact some times dual core-processors might better than quad core chips.
- Also,a lot of how processor could be a better performs than many quad-core android phones.
- Sualcomm’s quad-core Suapdragon 600 and 800 chips,Samsung’s octa-core Exynos and Apples dual-core A7(placed in iphone 5S and not to be confused with ARM’s Cortex series) are the top competitors in this market.
- devices like the Nokia Lumias use mid-range dual-core Qualcomm S4 chipset that are also used in Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro and the Sony xperia M.Older iPhone’s use a dual-core A6 processor(Again,not to be confused with ARM cortex).
- In the mid-to low-price brackets,you will find dual-core Intel Atom chips,the quad-core Media Tek MT6589,and Qualcomm’s dual-core Snap Dragon 200 and 400.
It is plain and simple:more RAM is always better.
The best way to judge a Smartphone’s screen is to look at it from different angels for changes color and also varying lighting conditions for visibility.
- If you want to buy a phablet then you must invest in a full HD(1080p) display.On the other hand,HD(720p) screens work well for devices up to five inches in size.
- On smaller devices,load a web page to see if the text is crisp,and can be read without any strain to your eyes.Avoid smartphones with lesser than WVGA(800x480px) resolution.
- AMOLED servers are best when punchy colors are present.LCD screens with IPS technology comes a close second,while TFT or LCD’s should be avoided if you can.
We carry pur world:e-mails,social networks,photographs,videos,music – with an on our smartphones.so,when buying a gadget it a very important part that is storage.
- Generally,a phone with capacity 8GB can give 6.5GB space available to the user.So,if you need 4GB,buy always a phone with 8 to 16GB memory sapce.
- More mega pixels and HD video recording needs more space.Also,if you plan to watch full HD movies on your phone,ensure you have at least 32GB stoarge.
- If possible use a micro SD card of upto 64GB,so you can always add more memory when you need it.
- A screen of four to five inches works well for most purposes.
- a phone that has a screen bigger than five inches could be slightly uncomfortable to use with one hand.also remember,big-screen phones are heavy,and can uncomfortabe to carry with you.
- On the flip side,large screensallow for a better experience while watching movies,playing video games and browsing the web
A SMP camera is capable of 8×6 inch prins even at 300 dpi(dots per inch),which is the standard resolution used in professional pronting. So.So,if you are looking or a good camera phone,leave the idea that more megapixels will give you better pictures.pictures. Instead it,look for a phone that boast of good camera optics(go for devices that come with carl zeiss lens).Remember it,a high-resolution camera with a low-quality lenses will only give you low-quality pictures in high resolutions.
- In case,if you would like to share photos on social networks,a 1 MP camera phone is going to be overkill.
- Opt for cameras with BSI(backside illumination) sensors for better low-light photography:make sure it comes with an LED flash.
- Good photos are a result of adequate megapixels,good lens and sensor technology,as well as high end processor chip sets.The Nokia Lumia 1520,1020 and 925,the Apple iPhone’s,the Samsung Galaxy S3,S4,and S4 zoom,LGG2 and HTC one are known for their good snappers.
- For your front-facing camera,one megapixel is more than adequate.
- You may have the best hardware at your gadget,but if you keep running out of battery,your handset is quite unless.
- bigger screens,extra cores and more sensors mean greater power consumption.If you are considering a smartphone over 4-5 inches in size,llo at devices that come with atleast a 200 mAh(miliamp-hour) battery.The heigher mAh,the longer the battery will last.
- If possible select devices that come with lithium-polymer batteries over lithium-ion.The former are lighter,and also retain their change for longer.
- Finally,preferably,buy a device that comes with a user-replaceablebateery(although a handset like the Lenovo p780,which comes with a4000mAh non-removable li-polymer bateery,could prove to be an exception to the rule).